Summer Concert Series
Picnic Pavilions and Facilities
Summer Park Map
Winter Park Map
Coon Rapids Dam
Visitor's Center East
4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Friday - Sunday
9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center East offers park users
equipment, facilities, and information about the Anoka
County Parks and Recreation System.
- Restrooms, water fountain, vending machines
- Bait and tackle sales
- Bike, GPS unit with virtual geocaching, cross-country ski and snowshoe rentals. Click here for information on rental equipment.
- Free use of self-guided activity backpacks
- Park orientation and trail maps
- Meeting facilities
- Program information
- Bird-feeder watch area/sightings list/phenology computer
We also have joined with local partners to
provide education about the Mississippi River.
- Joined at the River: People and the
Mississippi, a permanent exhibit in connection with
Mississippi National River and Recreation Area of the
National Park Service
- Shoreline bird display
- Freddie the Flathead Catfish teaches about stewardship of the river
- Historic photos and displays
- Large map of the entire Mississippi
River drainage system
- Evening programming on local wildlife